The ky to this session is to create a situation where players are going 1v1 to goal and work on the skills needed to be successful in these situations.
After a warm up the players go into this drill. It starts with a pass where the attacker meets the ball and plays a give and go with a wall player before playing 1v1 beyond the white line.
The first slides show the player roles and player rotations, the group at the top of the screen will be performing the same drill.
If the defender wins the ball they should aim to carry it over the white line to work on defence to attack transition.
1v1 to goal coaching:
– Carry the ball with close control
– Run at the defender to commit them
– Once close enough perform a skill/sharp change of direction
– Accelerate out the other side so momentum takes you to goal
– Finish early
– Alway scan the pitch to know where the defender is/GK/space
THE FOUR CORNERSTechnical/Tactical: