– Here the midfielders crisscross and the forward acts like a wall favoring the shot at goal of a teammate.
– #3 receive the ball from the coach and pass to #11 (who make a interior movement, crisscrossing with #8); #11 receive the ball in the center and then pass the ball to #8 in the corridor; #8 make a wall pass to #9 and shot at goal.
– In this case we can see a triangulation between #3, #9 and #8, a crisscrossing between #6 and #10 and a quick exchange that allows the shot at goal of the #9.
– Optionally one of the opposing backs may be placed in the defending area in order to counter the attack.
3. 4v0+GK (Cross and Shoot):
– Here, after triangulation on the sides the 2 forwards crisscross and the hard cross pass find the winning touch.
– It is very useful also to make the team carry out very quick actions using the all field without the opponents, to make the players assimilate and perfect the attack plan as automatic.
From: Coaching the Italian 4-4-2 with Arrigo Sacchi
Apply this Coupon Code (TacticalPad) to 40% OFF!