Pep Guardiola – “Populate the Central Channel”
In the book: “Tac-Tac: Training Pep’s Fútbol using Tactical Periodization” we show some SubPrinciples of Manchester City Coach.
In this related to Offensive Organization Pep Guardiola want:
- Always a lot of players in the interior zones (central channel) and players wide open on the wings:
- It’s important for him that the Full-Backs and Wingers be always in different vertical lines.
Training that SubPrinciple with GK+9v6 situation:
- Blue team tries to give 20 consecutive passes without interception of red team.
- In the middle of the field they play 7v6 with blue team with 3 supports (2 on wings and GoalKeeper).
- Only passes in the middle space count to the objective.
- Red team tries to recover the ball and pass the end zone of blue team (in the middle space).
Bibliography (click on image to open):