Phil Jackson – Pass Principles
The Pass is an essential skill to the offensive system work. Players must comply ad understand the following principles:
- Passing when the defender is close to the ball.
- See the pass lines and possible receiver of the ball but do not look for possible interceptions during the “pass course”.
- Make feints with sense, without excess.
- Eliminate all unnecessary movements.
- Pass the ball quickly to the teammate unmarked.
- Pass the ball to the teammate uncovered side.
- Anticipate the reception of the ball and think in advance where to send the ball then.
Libro de Jugadas de los Entrenadores de la NBA. Gandolfi, G. (2010).