Gyorgy Mezey: Former Coach of FC Videoton (Hungary) and Head of the Puskas Academy.
In this article we show one of his favorite practice present in UEFA Magazine – The Technician.
Videos and images created by sports software TacticalPad.
‘COMBINATIONS AND FINISHING‘
To combine technical, tactical and fitness elements into a finishing exercise.
– A player from each line plays a one-two and shoots at goal.
– The same players immediately take part in a 2v2 challenge, with a cross from the right.
– The same players continue forward and repeat the 2v2 challenge, this time with a cross from the left.
– The players then return to the back of their original line;
– The practice continues with the next two attackers.
At a top professional club, this can last up to 45 minutes. The target is for each player to complete ten runs. (The goals tally of each player is recorded).
– Work on combinations and finishing.
– Develop twin-striker movement and finishing (usually in the air) from well-delivered crosses.
– Maintain quality, despite intensity.