Peter Rudbaek: Technical Director of the Danish Football Association.
In this article we show one of his favorite practice present in UEFA Magazine – The Technician.
Videos and images created by sports software TacticalPad.
– To encourage quick play in a small area.
– To train fast transitions, both in attack and defence.
6 v 6 (plus goalkeepers). In addition, four side players – two ‘jokers’ recruited from each team.
Double penalty box.
– The four jokers always play with the team in possession and they are restricted to one touch.
– The field players when in possession can use the jokers and one of the following conditions will apply: a) free play, b) two touch, c) one touch.
– The four jokers are changed every 3 minutes (two from each team) – a one-minute break is permitted for the change-over.
– Each player has 3 x 3 minutes on the pitch and 3 minutes as a joker.
– Repeat the process, if required, depending on the training goals.
– Fast interceptions and quick counter-attacks, when possible.
– Immediate pressing of the ball when possession is lost.
– Work on combination play and angles to receive the ball.