Tactical Periodization is a Football Training Methodology created by Prof. Vitor Frade in Portugal.
Used by some of the best football coaches in the world (José Mourinho, André Villas-Boas…)
To know more about this Methodology you can read: “Tactical Periodization“.
– Fundamental to have a “Game Idea”.
– Necessary to organize that “Game Idea” in a systematic way (Principles, SubPrinciples and SubSubPrinciples).
– Operationalize the “Game Idea”: collective; inter-sector; sector; group and individually (always pay attention to the whole and to the individual).
– EVERYTHING: the smallest detail can influence (positively or negatively) the Process.
– Achieve the idealized “Way of Play”.
– Having the players fresh to train and to play.
– The “Game Idea” will always have a level of unpredictability while applied to the game (players’ characteristics, the opponents, etc.)..
– The unpredictability aspects need always be taken into consideration during practice.