6 v 3 with two colors working together against the 3 pressing players. Play a time limit to see how many times the 3 pressing players can win the ball and play into a goal or back to the coach (feeder), After time limit switch the 3 in the middle.
Keep shape, always with a central player who can rotate in and out to get on the ball. Encourage using the middle player as much as possible but if the simple option is to keep the ball circulating then do this until you can play through the middle player. (adaptation to drill could be to have a competition between the possession team and pressing team, with the possession team getting a point everytime they successfully play through the middle players and the pressing team get a point everytime they win the ball)
– Approach at pace and at an angle
– Always check shoulder and block passes into central player
– Aviod central passes and be ready to press your closest man
– Show player on the ball channel passes
– Set traps to crowd out and win the ball
THE FOUR CORNERSTechnical/Tactical: