Part 2 of Rafel Pol’s exercises which can be adapted to the “Blue Day” of the Tactical Periodization Methodology, explained in the book “The Game Model of FC Bayern Munich”.
Videos and Images created by the sports software TacticalPad (click here to see a free demo).
Exercises #5 – “Keeper+3 v 2+Keeper – Air challenges”
Game situation Keeper+2 v 2+Keeper. In the delimited space, players cross to the box in the air indiscriminantly. Players try to score in the opponents goal and defend their own.
– Address 1v1 air challenges
Exercise #6 – “Keeper+2 v 2+Keeper with 2 Attacking External Jokers”:
Game situation Keeper+2 v 2+Keeper with 2 External Attacking Jokers. In a rectangular space to shorten the distance between the goals as well as to have the space to allow the External Jokers to make crosses in the air.
– Situations to create shots on goal;
– 1v1 situations;
– Open the game wide and look for a shot.
Pode dar-se pontuação dupla se o golo “nascer” de um cruzamento lateral para fomentar a procura da superioridade no Jogo através do jogo exterior.
Double the points if the goal comes from a wide cross to create a game edge by playing wide.
Exercise #7 – “Keeper+3 v 3+Keeper”:
Game situation Keeper+3 v 3+Keeper. Teams composed of 3 players who have to complete 4 passes amongst themselves without being intercepted in the delimited space. Once the passes are completed they can use the field to attempt scoring a goal. The game can carry on in the full space until there is a game stoppage or the Keeper makes a save.
– Resolving game situations in a very reduced space;
– Resolution of finishing situations with even numbers;
– 1v1 situations;
– Space protection to prevent the opposing team from creating finishing situations;
– Balanced control of the spaces;
– Changes of game density.
It’s important to adjust the spaces to our player characteristics.
Exercise #8 – “Keeper+(2+1 Joker) v (2+2)+Keeper”:
Game situation Keeper+(2+1 Joker) v (2+2)+Keeper. There are 3 teams of 2 players each plus an Attacking Joker. Each team’s objective is to score in the goal in the opposing field where the possession was won. Two teams defend while the 3rd attacks with the Joker’s help.
– Resolving sitautions of numbers down: 3 attackers vs 4 defenders;
– 4-man Defensive movements coordination plus quick cunter after winning possession;
– Protect the spaces that prevent opponents from creating goal scoring situations.
It’s important the on-going supply of balls by the coaching staff to force the players to fast defensive transition, e.g. right after an out of bounds.